Full-Time AP/AR Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Title: AP/AR Specialist
Reports to: Sr. Accountant
Location: Mansfield, MA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A multi-state, multi-entity distribution organization seeks an experienced AP/AR professional to join its team. The AP/AR Specialist is responsible for supporting the financial team in completing accounting processes and cycles for the group. This position will have responsibilities in the Accounts Payable as well as Accounts Receivable function. He/she will be responsible for reviewing and completing daily transactions, entering/extracting data to/from a financial system, reconciliations and customer and vendor communication in an accurate and timely manner.
• Process non-inventory vendor invoices, check requests and employee expense reports, sort and disburse incoming mail, monitor AP mailbox. Ensure that proper approvals are provided and departmental coding is accurate.
• Maintains/updates vendor information in AP system ensuring all information is up-to-date
• Resolve vendor inquiries, including research requests for payments, pay dates, and check numbers. Provide remittance details when requested and reconcile vendor statements.
• Process daily and weekly check runs. Prepare proposals for check/ACH payments based on payment terms. Create ACH files, upload to the bank and send remittances to vendors.
• Upload positive pay files to the bank after each check run.
• Prepares month end accrual for AP vouchers not entered in previous period.
• Maintain vendor W9 info and assist in annual preparation of 1099 statements.
• Review, process and enter corporate credit card statement and ensure all receipts are received and coded properly.
• Participate in, and respond to, all audit requests related to AP.
• Apply checks and ACH/wire activity to customer accounts and deposit any miscellaneous cash receipts. Deposit checks via on-site check scanner.
• Upload invoice details to customer’s payment portal on a daily basis using a customized Access database.
• Initiate weekly customer ACH drafts via online banking tool.
• Responsible for reviewing the weekly A/R Aging and making collection calls as needed in order to maintain a clean AR aging. Enlists the help of sales and senior management as necessary to accelerate the dispute resolution process.
• Ensure Intercompany AP & AP subledgers are in balance and dollar differences are rectified.
• Prepare monthly listing of small dollar over and under payments to be written off.
• Prepare month end debtor analysis report for each company.
• Participate in, and respond to, all audit requests related to AR.
• Assists with identifying process improvement opportunities throughout the finance organization.
• Maintains AP & AR filing systems (paper & electronic) to ensure the expeditious and successful retrieval of information.
• Independently conducts special research or investigation projects as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Prior work experience in both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as this is a dual function role, preferably in the distribution industry. 3-5 year’s work experience required.
• Ability to multi-task and manage work flows so that the volume of activities are completed in a reasonable time frame
• Strong problem-solving and reasoning ability
• Will be required to work extra hours as needed to close the month in a timely fashion
• Knowledge of computerized accounting systems; Dynamics GP or Dynamics NAV a strong plus
• It is assumed the candidate will have above average Excel skills
• Excellent oral and written communication to customers, vendors and employees
• Attention to detail and accuracy is paramount
Experience: 3-5 years