Full-Time ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for a variety of accounting duties for the company which includes working directly with the CFO in managing the general ledger, financial reporting, capital calls and distributions, the year-end audit for all entities, and budgeting/forecasting.
This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer, and will be primarily responsible for the accounting and reporting for the firm’s various investment vehicles. Duties will include preparing the quarterly and year-end closing process for multiple investment partnerships. The candidates will also assist in all aspects of financial reporting to Limited Partners, including capital calls, distributions, financial statements and associated partners’ capital accounts. Primary duties and responsibilities will include the following:
1. Partnership accounting for private investment funds, which includes the main limited partner funds, alternative investment vehicle structures, and other general partner entities
2. Work closely with the CFO to prepare quarterly and annual fund financial statements, capital calls, distributions and related reporting to Limited Partners, assisting with ad hoc Limited Partner reporting as needed.
3. Heavy utilization of Excel to preform daily tasks.
4. Cash management fee, waterfall allocation and other complex calculations
5. Liaise with auditors for interim and year-end.
6. Assist CFO with investment transactions including the review of transaction documents to ensure accounting records follow legal documentation.
7. Ensure compliance with internal accounting policies and procedures
8. Liaise with outsourced tax administrator to assist with tax estimates and other tax deliverables to Limited Partners.
9. Preforms other duties as assigned to support the business functions – management company, treasury, etc. as well as other special projects of the Firm.
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience
3. Private Equity experience preferred
4. Strong organizational skills and highly detail oriented
5. Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
6. Ability to work collaboratively with the CFO to continuously improve accounting functions
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position, submit your resume today!
Experience: At least 5 year(s)