Full-Time Bilingual Call Center Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This is a 3rd shift position. Hours will be 12:00 AM to 8:30 AM.
Service to the Armed Forces provides a worldwide system of services that are available to military members and their families. These services include an emergency communications network available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to assist in family emergencies; verification of emergency leave information to help military commands make informed decisions, access to financial assistance, confidential counseling, information and referral and other social services.
SAF call centers are responsible for the intake, verification and delivery of emergency messages between service members and their families, and other services as needed. The Bilingual Specialist provides Emergency Communication services in both Spanish and English to Red Cross clients at the SAF Call Center, which provides 24-hour emergency communications and casework services, including access to financial assistance, to members of the U.S. military and their families and to other eligible Red Cross clients.
– Interviews callers and coordinates requests for service to include recording all client information in the case management system; determining eligibility for American Red Cross services; assessing client needs; and providing appropriate services to clients.
– Performs outbound activities including obtaining verifications, delivering messages, coordinating case management services with the jurisdictional chapter/station, and/or providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service.
– Understands and applies Red Cross and SAF policies consistently and correctly.
– Compose and deliver emergency communication messages to domestic and overseas locations. Sends messages for delivery to deployment locations and ships at sea using military networks
– Performs other duties as assigned by management.
– Minimum of 1 year experience in human/social services, customer or client services, call center or other types of experience with heavy customer/client contact required.
– Must be bilingual in Spanish.
– Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross
– Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, interpret and synthesize information from clients, staff, and management.
– Strong customer service skills reflecting a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity
– Ability to type 40 words per minute and to create grammatically correct responses without spelling errors.