Full-Time Business Development Manager– Specialty Bakery Ingredients
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Business Development Manager– Specialty Bakery Ingredients
Leading supplier of specialty bakery ingredients for the prepared food industries has an excellent opportunity for a top-notch Business Development Manager based near Chicago. As the Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for the global sales and market expansion of the product line through new business and product development, analyzing market trends, competitive analysis and maintaining the current customer base with an exceptional level of service. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to gain hands-on experience in a very high-growth industry segment and be a part of a NYSE company and world leader in specialty ingredients for the food, pharmaceutical, and agricultural industries. The company offers a competitive salary, bonus eligibility and full company benefits, including health and life insurance, dental, 401K, and a company-paid pension plan.
This is a challenging work environment in which high performance is recognized and rewarded.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Establish new business opportunities with potential customers. Work to establish add-on business to maximize product lines with existing customers. Responsible for technical sales including on-site application work with prepared food manufacturers. Drive new product development and key contributor in the annual budgeting and product pricing processes. Participate in industry related associations and trade shows.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and minimum of 8 years of technical sales or product development experience in specialty bakery ingredients.
· MBA or graduate level financial coursework preferred.
· Self-motivation, a high level of integrity and a solid work ethic are required.
· Excellent leadership, financial, organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to manage and organize multiple projects.
· Possess a strong proficiency for computers, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.