Temporary Business Intelligence Analyst
Position: Microstrategy with Spotfire and SAS
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 6+ Months
• Develop business intelligence and analytical solutions in order to solve complex business problems leading to data driven decision making. Solutions need to not only answer what happened, but also answer why it happened and discern what to do next.
• Work closely with key stakeholder to develop highly visual analytical workflows leverage MicroStrategy and Spotfire.
• Transform data consumption from Excel based pivot tables to highly immersive data visualization applications.
• Develop standard reports, dashboard and scorecards leverage traditional BI tool like MicroStrategy.
• Introduce and integrate data mining and predictive analytical techniques as a part of the core business intelligence offerings.
• Participate in planning sessions with key stakeholders to develop use cases and requirements for data driven analytical solutions.
• Take ownership of a problem and stay with it through to resolution — often involves coordinating the actions of people in other teams to achieve the desired result.
• Create rapid prototypes with team members leveraging traditional BI and database technologies and alternative solutions.
• Identify and apply statistical and advanced analytical methods with customer teams enabling action oriented results.
• Ensure assigned deliverables are within business / audit control requirements.
• Implement necessary processes and tools to ensure process maturity and best practices are followed.
• Lead design discussions and decisions as it relates to business intelligence and database solutions and drive decisions through to completion.
• Provide end user training and UAT support when required.
• 5+ years of experience developing business intelligence reporting solutions.
• 2+ years of experience applying data analytical techniques within an organization.
• 4+ years of experience with MicroStrategy
• Architect, iCubes, Documents, and Mobile
• 3+ Years of experience with Spotfire
• Strong relational database knowledge and SQL skills is required, preferably with Oracle Exadata
• Experience with statistical tools, such as R or SAS is a plus
• Experience with predictive analytics and tools like SPSS is a plus
• Proficiency in core Microsoft Office applications
• Strong knowledge of information visualization best practices and strategies
• Excellent record in process ownership and development
• Strong customer focus
• Effective and clear communication skills with customers
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently with shifting priorities
• Working knowledge of agile project management principles
• Must be a team player with positive attitude and able to work with a variety of people at all levels
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or comparable