Full-Time Community Forester
Ken’s Tree Service is looking for a special individual for a new and unique program that targets commercial clients with a large number of trees under management. We will be using the latest technology along with highly skilled and trained employees to manage these properties. The individual we are looking to hire should be an Urban Forester or certified Arborist with a background in tree diagnosis and evaluation as well as GPS location and strong computer skills. You should have a desire to work with a small company, be self-motivated, a strong leader and the drive to succeed.
Nature of Work
– Designs and implements a tree care management plan for contractual clients. This duty will play a key role in short-term and long-term work tasks and goals for the company
– Identifies marketing opportunities and evaluates customer values and requirements. Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives.
– Uses GIS (Geographic Information Systems) to inventory trees on client property. The community forester will use inventory data to prescribe, schedule and track maintenance needs.
– Maintains a working relationship with clients and client personnel by conducting: field inspections, tree risk assessment, fertilizer and irrigation requirements, conflict resolution and consultations.
– Audits tree trimming and removal work in accordance with industry standards and regulatory requirements. Obtains proper permitting when necessary.
– Organizes and facilitates employee training programs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
– Ability to identify local trees, including characteristics, growth rates and maintenance needs
– Ability to evaluate and analyze data, presenting findings clearly and concisely in written, oral, or graphics form
– Ability to provide technical advice on arboriculture issues using scientific methods
– Knowledge of geographic information systems
– Knowledge of modern computer applications and tools
– Knowledge of arboriculture best management practices
– Skilled in personal communication and building effective relationships
– Skilled in both independent and team based work
– Skilled in creative and critical thinking
Qualification Requirements (Preferred)
– Bachelor’s Degree in arboriculture, forestry, environmental horticulture, or related field
– ISA Certified Arborist
– ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualified (ability to obtain within 1 year of hire)
Qualification Requirements (Minimum)
– ISA Certified Arborist, TCIA, and/or other recognized tree care industry certification (ability to become certified within 1 year of hire)
– Experience using GPS equipment to locate, diagnose and identify trees and to develop tree maintenance and management plans
– A positive attitude and team player
– Valid Driver’s License
– Ability to pass a drug and background check
– Strong communication skills
– Sales experience is a plus
This is a brand new program we’re developing within our company. The ideal candidate should be an individual who prefers to work for a small company and would be enthusiastic about developing a unique program within the industry.
Compensation will be based on your experience and how well you meet this criteria. The range would be between $35,000 – $50,000.
As this program develops, the pay range may increase depending on the individual who can maximize its potential.
Experience: arboriculture, forestry, environmental horticulture