Temporary Consortium Claim Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Title: Consortium Claim Manager – Refinery
Location: Baytown, TX
Hofmann Services is a leading international provider of professional employment services. We have over 20,000 employees working in over 100 locations across five countries in fields ranging from industrial to office, marketing to engineering, technology and more.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Hofmann Services is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Consortium Claim Manager for our client, a leading technology partner for plant engineering and construction that offers a broad portfolio of plant and equipment solutions serving the gas processing, refining, petrochemical, and chemical markets.
The position is being filled on temporary basis.
The ideal candidate is considered to be a high self-motivator with great communication skills handling individual claims on daily bases.
Main tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor of Consortium Correspondence incl. identification and follow-up of claim potential emails
• Identify Claim potential claim relevant topics from PTR/NCR/FCD/UOS&D
• Prepare Consortium Internal Compensation Requests (ICRs) as per Consortium Agreement and submit the ICR Form
• Check BE submitted ICR’s prepare and execute defense strategy (meetings / letter / procorr)
• Collect information from LE departments, back-up and summarize of LE Claims in ICR forms
• Interface with GP, EN, CPP, PM to collect data and align the clients position in close cooperation with client’s Project Control Manager
• Prepare Material Take Offs (MTOs), Bill of Quantities (BOQs) and Estimates for Change Order Requests with Project Engineering Interfaces
• Administer Change Order Management; review contractual basis for change order and maintain change order logs
• Check, Review and Negotiate claims from consortium partners with the Project and Commercial Manager
• Provide a record of claim related key communications made during project execution
• Categorize Emails and document Consortium Claims in procorr/paper/other electronic forms
• Responsible for Up Construction Trend Notifications (CTN) via letter / procorr / meetings
• Summarize COR cost, negotiate with client and coordinate approval process
• Explanation/Negotiation/Defense of Claims with the Consortium Partner
• Support Project Controls Manager to prepare, summarize and follow Documentation of Claims/History for Defense or Arbitration Purpose
• Communicate and maintain Interfaces with the Consortium Partner
• Prepare/Perform/Debrief weekly ICR Meeting incl. MOM
• Prepare written answers per the Consortium Agreement
• Prepare emails/letters to submit or defend claims
• Update the Consortium ICR Log on a weekly basis
• Active Follow‐up and closure of LE submitted ICR’s
• Minimum of five- ten years’ experience handling more complex litigated Oil & Gas liability claims
• College degree with evidence of continuing industry education such as professional designations and/or insurance related courses
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential with the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
• Computer skills with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs is a must
• Will abide by departmental policies and procedures, including authority levels, to comply with C&F’s risk management controls
Please be sure to carefully read through all requirements as only serious applicants will be contacted.
Passing consumer (drug screening and/or background check) report inquiries may be necessary for employment purposes.
At Hofmann Services, our strategy is to provide our employees with the freedom to do their job and entrust them with a will to serve.
Unfortunately, not all candidates can be contacted who respond to this job, however we will reach out to you directly if your experience is determined match to the desired requirements.
Tel: (832) 384-1245