Full-Time Field Marketing Team Leader (20132798)
Verengo Solar is the largest residential solar specialist in the country. We market, sell and install solar photovoltaic systems, which enable homeowners to save money on their electricity bills and replace dirty electricity with clean, renewable energy. We are experiencing tremendous growth, are profitable and today have over $100 million in annual revenue with nearly 1,000 employees.
Verengo is top ranked on the Solar Power World list of Top Residential Solar Contractors in the U.S., has been named to Inc. Magazine’s List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies and earned an A plus rating with the Better Business Bureau. We survey all of our customers and 97 percent of them would refer us to their friends and family. The company has earned this recognition and customer satisfaction by making solar easy and affordable for its customers and delivering superior customer service. All of this, while making the planet a better place to live.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that is in the right place at the right time. Residential solar leasing is expected to grow by over 400% by 2016. Verengo has already demonstrated that it can scale its business rapidly while being profitable and we’ve achieved a leadership role in the industry. As a result, we are well-positioned to capitalize on this market opportunity.
We are headquartered in Torrance, California with a call center in Phoenix and field operations centers in California (Anaheim, Fresno, Bay Area) and New York.
The Verengo team lives by the company’s Vision, Mission and Values:
Vision: Changing the way America thinks about solar
Mission: We are building the most trusted solar company in America. Its genuine, friendly and knowledgeable professionals constantly seek to understand what customers want, and deliver it
Verengo is looking for candidates who are committed to bringing the company’s Values to life:
• Trust — building trust with every interaction
• Responsibility – doing good and doing it well
• Uncompromising — delivering what is promised
• Smart — learning from experience and finding ways to improve
• Team — relying on each other to succeed
• Enthusiastic — loving what is done and having fun doing it
• Dynamic — driving and embracing change
Lead, train, coach, and develop a group of Field Marketing Representatives to achieve individual, group, and team goals. Implement and manage training, development, delivery and coaching for Field Marketing and Canvass programs in the field while driving continual process improvement and optimization.
– Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Goals
– Team size growth – new members and reduced turnover
– Work in-field daily with team members to lead, coach, train and develop them.
– Organize group field activities and lead from the front of the pack, ensure high performance, and monitor compliance
– Provide motivation to team to grow numbers, work hard, and have fun while doing it.
– Partner with Field Market Supervisor and Field Marketing Corporate Management team to hire, coach, monitor, audit, and improve the territory.
– Identify, document and accelerate best practices across multiple functions.
– Adapt people, process and systems to maximize results.
– Deliver feedback to Field Market Supervisor, Call Center Agents, and Canvassers.
– Pilot new strategies and initiatives.
– Effectively partner with the Field Market Supervisor to work, supervise and monitor events focused on lead generation, recruiting and/or team motivation.
– Effectively present, transform, and reinforce learning.
+ Adhere and train to the training structure
+ Coach and make recommendations based on training, observance, auditing and performance metrics
+ Train on more advanced canvassing protocol with tenured team members
– Provide necessary back-up support to FMS as requested.
– Pilot new program strategies, processes, procedures and protocol.
– Assisting with conducting group interviews, make hiring recommendations to FMS, provide feedback to recruiting team and assist with new hire paperwork.
– Support team members’ ad-hoc administrative requests with a positive “can do” attitude.
– Take the initiative to problem-solve and creatively troubleshoot issues.
– Proactively partner with cross-functional team members to achieve mutual objectives.
– Attend and participate in company and departmental meetings.
– Effectively manage schedule in an efficient manner.
– In-market and out-of-market travel.
– Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
– Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish and overall collaborative working relationship
– Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
– Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
– High Standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
– Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
– Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Skills and Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
– Minimum 2 years of experience in team management, field marketing and/or sales/field training.
– Minimum 6 months experience in door-to-door canvassing or sales preferred
– Enthusiasm and excitement for a job that will be outdoors and in the sunshine
– Preference given to candidates with:
+ Solar Experience | In Home Sales Experience | Call Center Sales Experience
We offer competitive pay with a flexible and affordable benefits program designed to help you be and stay well, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, paid time off, and flexible spending accounts.
Verengo Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.