Full-Time Field Service Technician
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
JOB SUMMARY: To provide exemplary customer service in the installation and maintenance of Weber, Inc. equipment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High school degree or GED or equivalent work experience in a related field. Associates of Applied Science in a related discipline preferred.
2. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
3. Excellent written and verbal skills.
4. Customer service and service experience working on capital equipment.
5. Ability to effectively respond to questions from co-workers, clients, customers, and the general public.
6. Working knowledge and experience with computers including MS Office.
7. Must be able to safely operate a forklift, as a certified forklift operator, hand truck and pallet jack.
8. Ability and willingness to travel at least 70% within North America and Germany. Must hold a valid drivers license, acceptable driving record and U.S. passport or ability to obtain one.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
– Install slicing equipment and related accessories at customer plants, Weber, Inc.’s showroom, and other miscellaneous places (such as a trade show).
– Actively participates with answering phones/troubleshooting machines when in the office and entering those calls into Service Max.
– Enters work hours into ADP correctly and in a timely manner.
– Expense reports completed correctly and in a timely manner.
– Service reports completed on time with a customer signature, a detailed description and correct times/expenses.
– Takes part in on-call rotation.
– Install and repair most machine models or machine accessories with little or no assistance.
– Program the servo drive controllers and other items on the machines with little
– Provides training to machine operators and maintenance personnel.
– Has a complete understanding of the electrical and mechanical components of all slicers.
– Has an advanced knowledge of the different product applications.
– Manages and completes special projects as needed.
– Communicates with our counterparts in Germany to resolve machine issues.
– Provides training to the other service techs to advance their knowledge of our equipment and different product applications.