Full-Time Hangar Facilities Cleaner
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs manual custodial work as assigned or instructed in cleaning buildings and grounds. Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Cleans shop areas, control booth’s and representative offices on the hangar floor.
2. Work with hangar managers to move Tool boxes, part racks, etc.. so aircraft con be moved in and out of hangar.
3. Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, dusts, and cleans as required.
4. Empties waste baskets/garbage pails in offices and hangar areas.
5. Distributes trash among dumpsters to avoid overflowing.
6. Moves items to proper locations and picks up and disposes of waste and FOD to help keep hangar and ramp areas clean, neat, and orderly.
7. Lifts and carries hand tools and work materials, and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
8. Ascends and descends ladders and stairs in the performance of work tasks.
9. Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
10. Reports any broken equipment or tools.
11. Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Designated supervisor.
SUPERVISES: This is a non-supervisory position.
HUMAN INTERACTION/COMMUNICATION: In performing the job, an individual in this position experiences significant interface with his or her immediate supervisor and with other employees.
EDUCATION: A High School diploma or GED is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Prior work related experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Functional duties and responsibilities number 1 through 11 are essential functions of this position. Must be able to read instructions and safety information and to prepare and maintain simple records.
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE: Performance is measured by the degree of success in performing the essential functions of the job.
Management reserves the right to change or eliminate this job description and/or the duties and responsibilities of any employee at any time.