Freelance Home-Based Online ESL Teacher – Part-Time Position with 51Talk
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Looking for a fun and professional online teaching position? We’ve got you covered! At 51Talk, we believe that teaching should be as enjoyable as it is rewarding, and by putting you in control of your own virtual classroom, we bring this opportunity right into the comfort of your own home.
We are looking for motivated, go-getter individuals with teaching experience under their belts. As an independent contractor, you’ll teach Chinese children under 12 whenever your schedule allows during our peak hours (listed below). With the lesson material and teaching platform that we provide, you’ll have all the tools you’ll need to make it happen. And don’t forget – having a fun, exciting, and warm personality goes a long way!
51Talk was founded in 2011, and since then has expanded globally throughout Asia and North America. In June 2016, we hit a major milestone by being the first online Chinese education company to go public on the New York Stock Exchange.
Our founders, Jack and Sue, built 51Talk with a simple goal in mind that still guides us today: help China speak with the world. Because of this mission, 51Talk is looking for motivated, engaging teachers to help us make this goal a reality. It is our foundational hope that with the caring guidance of our teachers, we will forge a bright future for the next generation of young learners in China.
• The classes: 25-minute sessions with Chinese children
• The curriculum: U.S. Common Core aligned lesson material, built from the ground up by our in-house team
• The timing: Whenever your schedule allows during our peak hours (listed below)
• The place: Conveniently teach from your own home
• The necessities: All you’ll need is a computer, a strong internet connection, and a noise-cancelling headset – we provide the rest
• University or college degree
• Experience teaching kids under 12
• ESL experience
• A teaching certificate, including state teaching certifications, TESOL, TEFL, etc.
• U.S. or Canadian nationality
Contract type: Independent contractor
Start date: Immediately
Hours: As a 51Talk teacher, you’ll need to teach at least 7.5 hours each week (that’s 30 hours per month). Your lessons will need to be opened during our peak time windows:
• Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 9:30 AM EST
• Saturday – Sunday: 10:00 PM – 9:30 AM EST
(Friday incorporates both of these peak windows due to the time difference)
Payment: We pay teachers according to the number of classes taught. All teachers begin at a rate of $7.5 per class (that’s $15 per hour), which can rise up to $11 per class (that’s $22 per hour) through our promotion system. Teachers are paid through their choice PayPal or bank transfer once a month for the previous month’s work.
This is an excellent opportunity for teachers to supplement their income.
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: www.51talk.com/na