Full-Time Indexer/Copyeditor Consultant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Role: Indexer/Copyeditor Consultant
Top Most Media Client
Newark, NJ 07102
Pay Rate: $18
(We need someone who has recently done B.A/B.S. or equivalent degree, preferably in Humanities Editorial with Editorial experience preparing online content Proofreading experience + copy editing experience 2 years)
1. The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor works as part of a team that accurately creates, enters, edits, and maintains product information elements (metadata) for all client’s products.
2. The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor focuses on ensuring completeness, accuracy, and suitability of all metadata.
3. The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor is also an energetic and creative troubleshooter who works with a wide variety of people regarding all issues related to content.
4. The ideal candidate should be an avid consumer of media, including books/periodicals (audio and digital reader), websites, blogs, and other digital content sources.
5. He/she is also a self-starter with impeccable organizational and analytical skills, a confident and upbeat communicator via written and verbal business communication skills, highly organized and detail oriented, and able to thrive in a high-energy entrepreneurial environment.
6. Previous proofreading and/or copy editing experience would be valuable.
1. PRODUCT METADATA INDEXING AND COPY EDITING:
2. The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor proofreads and fact checks all product descriptions and supporting information prior to releasing a product to be published to client’s marketplaces.
3. Key elements such as a product’s price, on-sale date, territory rights, availability, provider, royalty