Full-Time IT Project Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This position will be located in Wyle’s Lexington Park office, but will require frequent face-to-face customer and team interaction in customer spaces (Patuxent River).
The successful candidate will have experience with and be expected to perform the following tasks:
– Develop and obtain commitment on project plans and related artifacts (tasks, schedules, resource assignments)
– Oversee the day-to-day execution of projects, facilitate resolution of issues, and report status at regular intervals to stakeholders
– Develop and maintain effective methods of communication between project stakeholders
– Control changes that occur to the project and its associated documentation
– Create and maintain the Quality Assurance Plan
– Help determine and validate project size, scope and required artifacts
– Develop measures to ensure that a quality product is produced
– Gather, organize and manage the project’s requirements and update the Requirements Definition document, the Requirements Management Plan and the Requirements Traceability Matrix
– Create the project’s Communications Plan and Risk Management Plan
– Oversee the technical aspects of the project throughout the SDLC Life Cycle
– Conduct and design analytical studies, cost-benefit analyses and other research to support initiatives
– Assist in briefing key leadership and coordinating with various stakeholders to gather data and information to inform the development tasks
– Ensure that subcontractors are completing the allocated tasks per plan
– Follow up with stakeholders to formulate and implement schedules and gather necessary documents and data
– Participate with project working groups as required
Education/Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: A Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience professional experience are required. Four (4) years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree. Prior experience supporting Department of Defense customers is desired. Familiarity with DoD IT/IM/IA Policy and Guidance is desired. Prior experience managing software development efforts is required. PMP certification is desired.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.