Full-Time Logistics & EDI Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Kooples was established in 2008 and fuses both men’s and women’s wear into one collection. The brand has an innovative and unique concept; the ability to go shopping as a couple and allowing them to swap their wardrobe. The Kooples is a contemporary brand, combining perfect cuts, attention to details and precious fabrics.
In 2012, the creators decided to launch a second brand named The Kooples SPORT. The new brand complements the tailored line with a preppy, casual and chic style. The Kooples launched 330 points of sale in the world in the last 5 years and opened 69 points of sale with wholesale partners. Today, The Kooples has numerous boutiques throughout the United States and also operates an e-store. We are seeking a Logistics and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Specialist with a solid experience in logistics especially for retail activities with multiple sites, for a job based in our New York City headquarters.
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Analyze production schedules to confirm on-time delivery, and update ship dates and reports
• Act as the link btw the HQ, the suppliers, the freight forwarders and the North American Distribution Centers
• Provide import status to the teams
• Maintain and manage logistics KPI’s
• Develop tools and reports in support of logistics and supply chain functions including inventory management, tactical supply planning, and cost analysis
• Analyze data on logistics elements, such as availability, supply chain management, strategic distribution, and transportation
• Monitor inventory flow between points of sales (>40 retail locations in North America)
• Coordinates activities for inter-company stock transfers from distribution facilities to points of sales locations
• Review and implement procedures pertaining to distribution and inventory management
• Oversee and manage all electronic data interchange (EDI) transmissions between corporate ERP system, wholesale partner systems, EDI provider, 3PL WMS, e-commerce platform, etc…
• Use the electronic data interchange systems, and act as the key user and instructor.
Required Skills, Education & Experience:
• Advanced degree, preferably a Master’s Degree in Business, Systems Engineering or Supply Chain Management
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in logistics/production management/supply chain/EDI, with proven track record of complex problem solving and pro-active process improvement
• Retail experience preferred with knowledge of distributions centers operations
• Previous experience with inventory optimization and transfer among multiple intra-company’s sites preferred
• Excellent system and data base technology proficiency with:
• Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Management systems – ERP: Orli & CBR
• Language X12
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French including in logistics, EDI and IT languages to liaise and communicate with the Company’s headquarter located in France, including with French speaking higher management, and various other departments including I.T. team
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to multi-task, set and manage priorities judiciously and to handle challenges
• Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
• Hardworking professional, exceptionally self-motivated, directed, detail and results oriented
• Professional demeanor with excellent presentation and ability to interact with all type of team members
• International experience greatly favored.
Experience: 1 year minimum