Full-Time Maintenance Mechanic
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
1. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, permit requirements and regulations. Ensures proper safety requirements are employed and communicated to contractors.
2. Ensures continual operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on pumps, motors, kettles, conveyors, and mixers; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
3. Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; troubleshooting for problems; using proper testing instruments.
4. Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
5. Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
6. Controls downtime by prioritizing activities based upon production supervision requirements.
7. Performs electrical repairs in accordance to Arc Flash safety requirements
8. Performs required daily inspections on key equipment and completes documentation associated with the inspections as required.
9. Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
10. Performs emergency repairs as required and communicates any information associated with the repair to supervision.
11. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
12. Contributes and adheres to Safety, Environments, Quality and EEO/AA Standard s of the Corporation, Division and location.
13. Subject to provide a rotating on call service other than the employee’s normal shift.
The ideal candidate will possess strong competency in the following areas:
· Equipment Maintenance
· Technical Understanding
· Dealing with Ambiguity
· Basic Safety
· Power Tools
· Attention to Detail
· Strong mechanical ability
· Basic electrical trouble shooting skills
Centrifical, gear, and diaphragm pump repair experience is preferred. PLC and simple controller experience is desired
High School Diploma is required. A minimum of 5 years total of education, training, and/or experience which the following elements may be used to satisfy this requirement:
–Registered apprenticeship, specialized training or certification in a relevant field
–Academic education in a related technology area
–Related work experience