Full-Time MAJOR GIFTS FUNDRAISER
Hiring Organization: cbm US (Christian Blind Mission US)
Department: Major Gifts Fundraising
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Major Gifts Fundraising
Employment Status: Contract (12 months) with a possibility of extension, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Salary: Commensurate on experience
Location: Home office based + Travel
– Very frequent travel within United States of America (USA)
– Occasional travel outside the US to Canada or overseas
Date Posted: February 14, 2017
Application Deadline: March 14, 2017
Our cbm Major Gifts Fundraising Team gives people with high net worth the opportunity to discover their world-changing aspirations. We connect these men and women to giving opportunities that benefit some of the poorest and most overlooked people in the world – children and families struggling to survive poverty with the added challenge of not being able to see, or walk or hear.
We use their investment to make lasting, transformational change in lives and in communities. We do it because we believe God loves everyone. And because we believe a whole and healthy world means no one should be left out.
Are you looking for a challenging, exciting career that changes lives here and in poor countries?
Join our Major Gifts Team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Use your charisma and dogged discipline to form new relationships that get you face-to-face with people who are capable of giving gifts of $10,000+.
• Use your creativity and kindness to nurture existing major donors through a variety of channels (face-to-face, phone, mail, email and meetings).
• Use your courage and passion to ask for funds on behalf of children and families in dire need.
Why would you want to come and work with us?
• You will work with people as excited about changing the world as you are. You can bring your faith to your work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere.
• You will take on a significant role in changing the world.
Our top performers have:
• College/University education preferred or a combination of education and experience
• 5 years sales or fundraising experience and show tact, diplomacy and solid judgment when building relationships with major donors
• Articulate and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation abilities
• Strong organizational and self-management skills
• Disciplined and patient approach to fundraising
• Function well in an environment with specific and measured targets
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Applications
• Experience with Donor Management Software (an asset)
• Occasional evenings and weekends may be required
• Ability to travel on short notice
• Must have a reliable source of transportation
If this tempts you even a little bit, and you meet the minimum requirements, let’s set up a time to talk.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 14, 2017.
In Accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), cbm US strives to ensure that all recruitment processes are inclusive. If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
cbm US is a ‘child-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to present a ‘certificate of good conduct’ or ‘lack of a criminal record’ from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.