Full-Time Network Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Responsible for all aspects of network engineering including but not limited to the following networks: Ethernet, switching/transport, cable television, data, and voice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Engineering level escalations for all services
• Wireless projects
• Ethernet routing
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent listening and team-building skills
• Work independently with little supervision
• Proficient in precision and accuracy when working with numbers
• Advanced knowledge of all technical fields mentioned in Duties and Responsibilities
• Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
Customer-oriented focus, and strong customer relationship skills
• Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office applications) and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail
• Knowledge in advanced networking configurations (BGP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, SDN)
• Must successfully pass MVR check to drive company vehicle
• Eagerness to develop professionally
• Experience with fiber optic as well as copper cabling (splicing experience a plus)
Education and/or Experience:
College degree in engineering or computer technology field and 5 or more years’ of experience in telecommunications, preferably in a service provider setting.
FTTH (Fiber to the Home), Metaswitch, Cisco certifications (CCNP or CCIE preferred)
Experience: 5 or more years’ of experience in telecommunications, preferably in a service provider setting.