Full-Time Occupational Health Nurse
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
United States Postal Service
Apply at: www.usps.com/careers
External Publication for Job Posting 10095145
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake theexamination may be limited.
Job Posting Period
04/01/2017 – 04/28/2017
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE
USPS SEATTLE NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
34301 – 9TH AVE S
FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003-7090
CONTACT INFORMATION: Tanya L. Daniels, RN OHNA, 253-214-1721; Tanya.L.Daniels@usps.gov
Title: OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Occupation Code: 0610-0002
Non-Scheduled Days: SAT/SUN
Hours: 07:30 A.M. – 04:00 P.M.
REQUIREMENT: Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in State of Washington and Current CPR certification by closing date of this announcement.
1. Advanced basic training as a Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant
2. Certification in Occupational Health
3. Field experience in occupational/industrial nurse
***CANDIDATES WILL NEED TO BE PRESENT FOR SCREENING ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING AN INTERVIEW. VETERANS WHO ARE ENTITLED TO VETERAN’S PREFERENCE AND/OR COVERED BY THE VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ACT MAHY APPLY FOR ANY POSTED POSITIONS.***
SALARY RANGE: $56,058 – $66,312 annual salary paid bi-weekly
FINANCE NUMBER: 547621
BENEFIT INFORMATION: This is a career position which offers excellent benefits. Newly hired employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). Upon hire, employees are eligible to contribute into the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is similar to 401(k) plans. We also offer the option to enroll into the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program as well as the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI). Dental, Vision and Long-Term Care Insurance Programs as well as Flexible Spending Accounts to cover eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent care (day care) expenses are also available. We offer ten paid federal holidays as well as accrued vacation and sick leave.
Persons Eligible to Apply
All U.S. Citizens, permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or any other territory owing allegiance to the United States. Applicants must be available for screening activities, including an interview. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position.
Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/employment to be considered for this employment opportunity. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment opportunities, examinations, interviews and
background checks will be conveyed by email. Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list to allow all correspondences to be received.
@usps.gov @geninfo.com @uspsis.gov
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity. Current non-career Postal Service employees who wish to apply for this vacancy must go to usps.com/employment and use your existing eCareer Profile to apply. Do not log into LiteBlue; if you logged into LiteBlue, log out and close your browser before going to usps.com/employment.
Assists in the coordination and implementation of Occupational Medical and Health Services programs within an assigned District.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in the development and implementation of Health Promotion programs. Educates the field on general health issues, wellness programs and medical education programs.
2. Serves as a resource and answers questions and inquiries from the field concerning, but not limited to, the following programs: Fitness-For-Duty Examinations, Return to Work, Reasonable Accommodation, Serious Accident reviews.
3. Supports activities related to the pre-employment medical assessment process.
4. Assists in scheduling required medical examinations, drug screenings and other testing (e.g. Fitness-For-Duty Examinations, Focused Examinations, and Return to work Examinations).
5. Prepares, updates and maintains confidential employee health folders.
6. Provides guidance and medical assistance related to the injury compensation process (e.g., contacting employees absent from work due to illness or injury, reviewing medical documentation, and obtaining clarification of status and restrictions from physicians).
7. Serves as a resource for various Safety programs as they relate to Occupational Health Services (e.g., safety reviews and PEG audits).
8. As a member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT), provides emergency medical care, as needed.
Occupational Health Nurse Administrator
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and experience the following requirements:
1. BARGAINING UNIT QUALIFICATION STANDARD 0610 (0610-0002) OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE
DOCUMENT DATE: October 18, 2014
FUNCTION: Assists in the coordination and implementation of Occupational Medical and Health Services programs within an assigned District.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: See the Standard Position Description for the Occupation Code given above.
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS: This section is composed of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) which are required to satisfactorily perform the tasks of the position.
1. Knowledge of principles and processes related to medical and health care, as would be acquired through a Registered Nurse license.
2. Ability to prepare, maintain, and update confidential employee medical folders.
3. Ability to give understandable information in oral and written form.
Applicants must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Applicants must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse license from a U.S. state, territory, or the District of Columbia. Possess and maintain a current Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
When a vacancy occurs, fill within the bargaining unit in accordance with the current national agreement.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting’s closing date. Applicants claiming veterans’ preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans’ preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.
Experience: Licensed Registered Nurse in State of Washington and current CPR certification by closing date of vacancy posting