Full-Time Outside Sales Representative
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About Edge Construction Supply:
We are a construction supply distribution company that sells and rents products primarily to commercial contractors, industrial businesses, municipalities, and government entities. With a repair center, customer training, and other professionally customizable services, we have developed a loyal clientele base. Edge is 65 years old, privately held, and spans 5 states with 8 locations, headquartered in Spokane, Washington. We sell over 30,000 products from over 200 manufacturers, including: power tools, hand tools, safety equipment, abrasives, fasteners, strut, ladders, and a variety of trade specific tools, equipment, and material handling products.
This position requires an extensive knowledge of both products and customer needs to efficiently match, demonstrate, and sell products to achieve maximum sales.
• 2-15 years in related sales or distribution
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Familiarity with construction industry, products, methods, and market pricing
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Proven track record of growing sales territory
Essential Job Functions:
• Represent company to customers and prospects in specified marketing area
• Calls on customers in systematic rotation to take merchandise orders and maintain relationship
• Introduce new company product, demonstrate features, and answer questions regarding project application
• Suggest alternatives or add-on items during sales process based on customer specifications and submittals
• Efficiently resolve customer complaints and warranty issues.
• Communicate with Inside Sales to fill orders and ensure delivery.
• Work with sales/store manager to grow existing customer volume and develop new accounts
• Maintain awareness of new product information, competitor activities, and promotions and forward information to Sales Manager
• Read and understand construction plans to gather list of materials for quotes of projected schedules
• Credit unused customer materials
• Input and utilize electronic data entry for quotes and product availability and pricing
• Exert up to 50 pounds of physical force
• Operate company vehicle safely and in conformance with traffic laws
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficient in MS Office and Outlook, familiarity with distribution software desired.
• Perform basic mathematical calculations: multiplication, division, percentages, and gross margin
• Self-motivated and organized without supervision
• Ability to develop relationships in a patient and professional manner
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Professional appearance and dress
• Salary DOE
• Company authorized vehicle & gas card for outside sales calls
• Health, dental, & 401(k) available
This job description does not list all duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be partially evaluated on your performance based on the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to review this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.