Full-Time Pastry Chef
Choulala, a new French style pastry shop/bakery with two retail locations in Winter Park, Florida, specialized in French choux/pastry puffs made in-house in its commercial kitchen, is seeking an experienced and talented Pastry Chef with a solid knowledge of French baking and pastry making standards, to join the team.
Choulala bakes and sells a broad assortment of sweet and savory choux/pastry puffs prepared according to the traditional French recipes, in addition to other typical French gourmet pastries, cakes, and viennoiserie, including eclairs, brioches, etc.
The Pastry Chef will lead daily operations related to the preparation of baking goods and pastries for Choulala’s bakery/pastry shops. S/He will perform multi-functional duties related to pastries and baked good preparation, and will be responsible for supervising, and training kitchen workers to ensure that quality, safety and hygiene practices are upheld in the commercial kitchen. S/He will also be in charge of overseeing the stock, inspecting equipment used in the commercial kitchen, baking and making pastries, monitoring customers’ preference per store location to define baking and pastry making needs, and developing the bakery/pastry shops offerings.
• Pastry Making certificates or degrees;
• Minimum of 3 years experience as a Pastry Chef in high production level establishments;
• Minimum of 3 years experience in pastry making and baking in local French
bakery/pastry shops or restaurants;
• Extensive knowledge of traditional French pastry and dough recipes, and pastry making
standards, especially pastry puffs, eclairs, viennoiseries, etc.;
• Must have ability to develop new popular recipes and offering based on traditional
French pastry principles according to trends and clients’ preferences;
• Experience preparing sweet and savory arrangements and mixes;
• Solid experience with kitchen management with proven ability to manage stocks, budgets
and costs and to analyze daily production needs;
• Must have experience managing and guiding kitchen employees, and implementing
training programs and work methodologies;
• Impeccable baking standards and clean work habits with a great attention to detail – Past experience in gourmet/gastronomique/luxury establishments preferred;
• Professional demeanor with ability to multitask in a fast pace environment while always appearing calm and to interact with all types of team members;
• Must have excellent verbal communication skills and have the ability to work a flexible schedule;
• Previous entrepreneurial experience or experience in all operations of opening up and developing a pastry business is greatly valued;
• International work experience is a plus;
• Bilingual (French/English) preferred.
Experience: 3 years