Full-Time Senior Underwriter
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Senior Underwriter Job Opportunity – Accenture
Our client located in Charlotte, NC is experiencing tremendous growth and adding to their team. This is your invitation to join an organization offering greater opportunity, greater challenge and greater satisfaction. This is a dedicated team of people who provide end-to-end mortgage processing capabilities to our clients through long-term partnerships. They not only maintain this key business function for our clients, they constantly seek to improve them to help our clients’ move ahead of the competition. Our client is one of the top three providers of mortgage processing services in the US.
As part of the team, you can expect to:
• Receive ongoing training to build and extend professional, technical and management skills
• Work with highly talented people in a creative and collaborative environment
• Learn from our supportive, approachable leaders who are the best in the business
• Incorporate skills to deliver high quality solutions for our clients
• Enjoy a defined career path that recognizes Top Performers
• Receive a competitive rewards and benefits package – including paid overtime
Here is more about the role:
• Responsible for timely reviews of loan files in order to render acceptable Conforming Product credit decisions (approve, deny, counter offer).
• File review includes applying analytical – guideline driven skills to determine: credit worthiness, compute Income calculations to determine ability to repay, establish acceptable benefit to the borrower, assess asset statements to determine and meet liquidity requirements, determine collateral acceptability, along with interpreting and determining acceptability of other supporting documents (HOI, MI, Title, Compliance, etc).
• Interim condition review requirements as gathered in order to meet file completeness.
• File completeness includes adequate and effective written and verbal communication describing the decision reached in a manner that will maintain a positive relationship with all customers.
• Required to maintain both production and quality to acceptable standards.
• Required to provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers by explaining credit decisions and offering alternative options when needed including prompt, courteous, and excellent service in accordance to company standards.
• Minimum 3yrs experience in manually underwriting property and credit with lender approved, full package signoff authority greater than $500,000.
• Minimum 1yr experience signing on non-conforming loans
• High school diploma
Professional Skill Requirements:
• Experience with and knowledge of property and credit underwriting requirements of FNMA, FHLMC, and private mortgage insurance companies
• Ability to effectively make decisions in an independent manner and availability as a resource advisor for all staff
• Good analytical, problem solving, organizational and communication skills needed
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook
• Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
• Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
You may send your updated resume at email@example.com. Thanks!
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Experience: Mortgage Underwriting