Temporary SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
Additional Job Information:
Title: SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
# of Openings: 4
Priority: Very High
Position Type: Right to Hire
Location: RANCHO CORDOVA, CA, United States
A: Looking for a developer background interested in testing
A: Understand we have one or the other – would like to have some that have Java and some that have .net.
A: We are developing custom solutions to government agencies and private sector. We are developing and integrating finger printing and facial recognition software solutions.
External Job Description:
• Design, develop and execute test procedures in an integrated testing environment.
• Create new test scenarios while making sure requirements are met.
• Develop and maintain automated testing procedures.
• Understand integration points, and ensure test scenarios cover all platforms, transactions, and interfaces.
• Generate requirements for the testing environment, making sure final software product and deliverables are tested in the integrated environment.
• Perform system and data analysis and propose solution to customer issues.
• Generating test data as needed.
• Work with customers and other SMEs to understand concepts and operations in order to understand the testing and validation needs.
• Document defects/issues encountered, capturing steps to recreate, document outcome and provide information to the development team for solution
• Understand the need for control and repeatability and act accordingly making sure issues are properly documented, recreated, and demonstrated to insure fixes are addressing the defects encountered.
• Must have some knowledge of .Net Windows and Java J-Boss
• BS degree or equivalent and previous experience as a programmer/developer.
• Must have hands-on work experience in the following technologies:
o Microsoft .NET technology using the following: WCF, C#.NET, Web Services, Java, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, Oracle, JBOSS, HTTP,SOAP, XML.
• Experience with Oracle, SQL, scripting, and procedures.
• Experience in creating test plans, test case, documenting all phases, integrating all components, and understanding across platform dependencies.
• Experience in creating testing artifacts, understanding customer needs, and determining how to validate software features and functionality.
• Experience in documenting and performing performance related test cases
• Experience in researching issues related to interfaces, databases, review logs, and scripts to facilitate quick defect resolution.
• Independent; self-starter
• Receptive to learn
• Quick learner
• Take initiative