Temporary SR. JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Job Title: SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Duration: 12 +Months contract
Location: RANCHO CORDOVA, CA, United States
J2EE backend application developer – analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code with unit tests, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. May be responsible for a team of 2-5 developers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
70% Development, coding, testing and integration.
10% Team collaboration and coordination.
10% Documentation, training and support.
10% Requirement capture and analysis.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
Experience: 5+ years of hands-on experience in Java /J2EE technologies.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Development related certification/s from Sun preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Language Skills: Well spoken and written communication in English.
Mathematical Skills: College level skill is required.
Reasoning Skills: Very good reasoning, problem solving, and innovation skills required.
Computer and/or Technical Skills: Five years minimum experience
• Must be able to work independently or as a lead for a small agile team.
• Implemented solutions that handle high availability and concurrency with low latency requirements. Strong programming expertise in Core Java (Multi-threading, Concurrency, OOPs Concepts, Memory Management, Garbage Collection) – must have all technologies listed here.
• Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns. Experience in Java frameworks, like Spring, Hibernate.
• Experience with working in a Unix/Linux environment and shell scripting skills. Excellent knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, SQL /NoSQL and ORM technologies – any SQL database.
• Hands on experience in publishing and consuming REST/SOAP services.
• Experience developing high volume transaction systems – both real-time and batch
• Java/ J2EEE, Spring framework, Camel, Apache MQ, JMS, Microservices, Restful Web Services.
• Must be able to work on large scale/statewide systems
• Lead small teams as needed
• Take charge/ownership
• Ability to learn new challenging technologies
• Willing to learn and ability to learn quickly
• Adapt to working in fast paced changing environment