Full-Time Supervisory Sales Clerk
Job Summary: Supervises associates engaged in selling, stocking, and merchandising a variety of retail and/or services items.
Duties and Responsibilities: Provides work direction and supervision for a group of associates within assigned departments/location engaged in performing various clerical, retail and services functions. Prepares work schedules; makes assignments and reassignments depending on workload; provides on-the-job training, orientation and instructions on new procedures; provides guidance and assistance to subordinates in connection with problems encountered. Reviews work of subordinates; accomplishes performance appraisals; approves/ disapproves leave; recommends personnel actions such as promotions, performance awards; and takes disciplinary actions. Promotes employee morale and attempts to resolve employee relations problems. Carries out EEO policies and communicates support of these policies to subordinates.
– Ensures timely stock replenishment of merchandise within assigned areas of responsibility. Maintains inventory in accordance with prescribed levels. – Supervises and participates in the taking of periodic inventories and ensures adherence to correct procedures for the receipt, pricing and storage of merchandise.
– Responsible for the security of cash, fixed assets and merchandise inventory.
– Responsible for the efficient operation of assigned merchandise departments within the main retail store or service departments. Ensures the proper maintenance of stock control records and adequate levels of merchandise by entering data into the computer through the use of an automated equipment or by maintaining unit merchandise controls, never-out lists and other required records. As required, develops reports and requisitions authorized merchandise based on records of maintained inventories and other factors affecting the maintenance of stock levels.
– Determines available shelf space and amounts of merchandise to be displayed. Assures prices are marked on individual items and that displays are safely and neatly arranged.
– Ensures adherence to policies and procedures for the security of cash and stock. Assures areas are kept clean and orderly.
– Ensures that NES customer service standards are maintained.
– When serving in a uniform center/shop within the retail store, may be required to take upper and lower body measurements for the purpose of ordering made-to-measure uniforms in conformance with military specifications and customer requirements.
– Performs other related duties as assigned, which may include preparing and processing retail and services accounting documents, identifying and researching discrepancies in accounting documents or transactions, cash collection and processing, timecard maintenance, preparing routine correspondence, etc.
– Performs other related duties as assigned
1 year responsible experience in clerical, office or retail sales store work of any kind in which the applicant has demonstrated the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position to be filled.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 1 year progressively responsible experience in retail sales performing the kind of duties which constitute the principal work of the position to be filled.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE
Study completed in a college, university, or junior college above the high school level may be substituted on the basis of one-half academic year of study for 6 months of experience. At any level, specialized experience may be substituted for required general experience. Candidates must have demonstrated in their work experience or training that they possess, or have potential to develop the qualities of successful supervision.
Experience: year responsible experience in clerical, office or retail sales store work of any kind in which the applicant has demonstrated the ability to perform satisfactorily in the position to be filled.