Full-Time Technical Project Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Axiom Zen is a team of experienced software architects, engineers, and designers who like to work on experimental, cutting-edge projects. With low hierarchy and an open, supportive environment, we can give you space to create the best work of your life.
Axiom Zen is a best practices-driven team (committed to continuous deployment, continuous integration, automated testing, etc), looking for talented and startup-minded project leaders to join our growing team — in Vancouver, BC; San Francisco, CA; or Santiago, Chile.
At Axiom Zen, we look for interesting opportunities then help build companies to address those opportunities. Mostly this involves building software-driven products or businesses from scratch to early levels of product-market fit. Project Managers at Axiom Zen will be tasked with supporting projects from inception to MVP, market validation, and the subsequent growth stage. You will be working closely with an expert team of designers, software engineers, and strategy folks but will be given enough freedom to make your own mistakes – and breakthroughs.
To succeed in this role, you should have a deep technology background as well as a native understanding of important business factors determining the impact of web- or mobile-driven products. You will be unnaturally passionate about project management and uncannily well-versed in its subtleties.
If that sounds like you: Apply!
We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of web and mobile technology, software design patterns, and product management best practices as well as a love for building inspiring products that set new standards in usability and functionality.
– Exceptional organization, planning, and communication skills
– Relentlessly positive attitude and unshakeable team spirit
– Deep knowledge, expertise, and passion for technology and software development
– Deep passion for project management, collaboration, efficiency, and tracking
– Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
– A love for building user-centric products that set new standards in usability.
– Track record of success, especially in a fast-paced, technical environment
– Self-motivated and willing to learn new concepts, technologies and processes
– Design and UX experience or expertise with modern, interaction-heavy web and mobile applications
– Software engineering training, experience, or expertise – particularly on large distributed systems or in lean rapid prototyping and data-driven iteration
– Experience developing work scope estimates and interfacing with clients or senior management
– BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent. Recent grads may apply as well
– Project management experience at a Tier-1 startup or technology company.
– Responsibilities and compensation will be adjusted to match skill-set and contribution
Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst: we build, launch, and accelerate iconic companies. For some of our most recent work visit Timeline, ZenHub, or Routific.
We are thinkers and builders; artisans and architects. Reflecting Vancouver, San Francisco, and Santiago, the three dynamic cities that surround us, we are a diverse, multi-faceted, and multi-national team with an extraordinary range of perspectives and experiences.
Our team of creatives have built complex infrastructure and award-winning applications serving millions of delighted users, working with industry giants like Apple, Google, Baidu, and Facebook.
Axiom Zen team members have also helped build, grow, and successfully exit multiple technology startup companies, generating hundreds of millions of dollars in shareholder value and giving our team a unique perspective on product ideation, launch, and iteration to market fit.
Experience: 1-2 years