Full-Time Use NLP to Build the Future of News & Information
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Axiom Zen is working on an ambitious new startup aiming to bring context to the world’s most relevant topics of the day.
For too long, news and media consumption has trended toward shallowness. Mainstream media is obsessed with the now, and pumps out story after story lacking crucial context and background. Unless readers have the time and energy to do their own research, it’s easy to miss the big picture, resulting in shallow understanding at best, and potentially leading to gross misunderstanding.
We believe that many people are under-informed, not because they aren’t interested or because they don’t care, but simply because there is no platform to efficiently explore and understand what matters, and how its historical context plays a role in where humanity is today.
We are building that platform.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of Natural Language Processing with the ability to apply cutting edge techniques on large volumes of data, as well as a love for building user-centric products that set new standards in usability and performance.
– Strong working knowledge of one or more Natural Language Processing techniques, as related to topic modeling, rule mining or ontology.
– Experience with graph databases (Neo4J and/or Titan) a plus.
– Strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
– Experience shipping high quality code in a fast-paced mission-critical environment
– Demonstrated interest in working with new technologies and thinking outside the box
– Good grasp of UX and UI design principles
– Prior startup experience with top-tier companies
– Familiarity and comfort with git and GitHub
– Creator or contributor to open source projects
Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst: we build, launch, and accelerate iconic companies.
We are thinkers and builders; artisans and architects. Reflecting Vancouver and San Francisco, the two dynamic cities that surround us, we are a diverse, multi-faceted, and multi-national team with an extraordinary range of perspectives and experiences.
Our team of creatives have built complex infrastructure and award-winning applications serving millions of delighted users, working with industry giants like Apple, Google, Baidu, and Facebook.
Axiom Zen team members have also helped build, grow, and successfully exit multiple technology startup companies, generating hundreds of millions of dollars in shareholder value and giving our team a unique perspective on product ideation, launch, and iteration to market fit.
Let’s build the future together.
Experience: 1-2 years