Full-Time VENDING MACHINE REPAIRER / ATTENDANT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Summary: Performs various duties involving the repair, maintenance and operation of vending machines, money changing machines
Duties and Responsibilities: Makes repairs to broken machines; locates worn, dirty, poorly adjusted parts through visual preventative maintenance check or use of test equipment; replaces defective parts of components and system such as tubing and electrical circuits; makes necessary modifications on machines.
– Performs periodic overhauls on machines including spray painting, reconnecting loose wires, checking refrigeration system to ensure maintenance of proper temperatures; cleans interior, checks for defects; ensures wire harnesses are together and checks for short circuiting. Also sanitizes for bacteria.
– Maintains stocks of parts, tools and equipment in an orderly manner. Ensures tools are properly protected to prevent rusting and loss.
– Maintains service and technical manuals up-to-date. Prepares requisition of required parts to supervisor for procurement. Notifies supervisor of major problems encountered. – Relocates and installs new machines at location. Makes setting and adjustments on food dispensing, liquid dispensing and coin changer units. Cleans interior and exterior using appropriate cleaning solution. Prepares Cash Collection Slip (DP/411).
– Maintains Exchange owned machines daily. Inspects and replenishes with hot/cold foods, sandwiches, cakes, pies, popcorn, salads, fruits, pastry, soda, beers, yogurt, laundry detergent, etc. Checks refrigerated machines to ensure health codes are adhered to, (i.e., expiration dates of yogurt, sandwiches, etc.) and foods are not spoiled. Removes aged foods or other merchandise from machines.
– Prepares merchandise transfer (SS/112) for amount of sandwiches, salads required and forwards to Department K4 for processing.
– Sets up and maintains prices in machines on items being sold. Also, maintains a current price list.
– Operates motor vehicle in the performance of duties. Loads and unloads merchandise by hand or dolly, etc. Insures that merchandise is protected from damaged or bad weather. Prepares and maintains Daily Trip Report of all trips made, prepares driver’s schedule.
– Performs inspection of vehicle for proper maintenance such as checking gas and oil change, tune-ups, etc. Cleans vehicle and secures in designed area at the end of day. Obtains receipt for all repairs and maintains records of repairs made. Does preventative maintenance on vehicles.
– Performs other related duties as assigned
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Works on location or at the shop in performing repairs. Frequently lifts or moves objects weighing up to 30 pounds. Constantly stands, bends, stoops, walks, stretches and works in tiring and uncomfortable positions in the performance of duties.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Most work is performed inside and outside. Incumbent is occasionally exposed to bad weather conditions, dirt, dust, and grease. Drives in all types of weather. Subject to bruises, cuts, shocks, burns, strains or broken bones as a result of accident while driving, or when loading and unloading vehicle.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: 1. Must possess a valid state driver’s license or a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). 2. Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to operate a motor vehicle safely