Full-Time Welding/NDT Inspector
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
• Advises subcontractors with regards to company’s welding and testing standard and quality instructions
• Monitors Pre & Post Weld Heat Treatment on site and review
• Selection of welds for non-destructive testing
• Recording and reporting of defective welds
• Monitors and controls welding electrodes usage
• Carrying out inspections of welding and heat treatment activities on the site to ensure compliance to construction and welding codes/standards
• Ensuring that all welding procedures are available at the jobsite to support constructions requirements .
• Monitors and inspects structural and pipe field welding activities in-progress for both marine and onshore plant works to ensure that correct procedures are being used and strictly followed by the welders and that the welds produced meet the project quality standards.
• Provide technical assistance to field superintendents and crafts.
• Ensure that all supervision and craft personnel involved in welding operations are educated and aware of applicable code and project requirements
• Provide leadership, direction, supervision and support to assigned field welding engineers in the work area.
• Provide technical expertise for ASME, API, and AWS or other code designed and fabricated items.
• Visual inspection and acceptance of all shop Fabricated spools and Field Welding performed on site.
• Interpretation of blueprints, isometric drawings, P&ID’s, and welding symbols.
• Inspection of Structural Steel erection and assembly with High Strength Bolts.
Salary: US$11,600.00 (Eleven Thousand six Hundred United State Dollars) per month for the regular working hours on or before, the 25th of each month.
Medical Insurance: The Employee and his/her family shall be covered by Global Medical Benefits under the Malaysian Medical Insurance Union, Government Health Organization. The full premium shall be paid by the Employer.
Housing: The Employee will be provided with a non-shared 3 bedroom self-contained apartment that is well furnished with modern basic appliances and be located within a walking distance from the company.
Airfare: A round trip flight ticket to cover the span of employment engagement will be provided and delivered to you on the completion of your relevant travel documents and Malaysian immigration particulars. Shipping expenses (personal belongings) should be reimbursed to employee on arrival and a proof of the expenses in a form of official receipt will facilitate the reimbursement.
Family Status Arrangements: Family status arrangements can only be applied after at least two (2) months of service. The Application of family status arrangement indicates that an expatriate will be entitled to a free visa and air fare for his wife or Spouse or any other family member which is to be provided by the company through the Malaysian Immigration Department.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years experience