Procurement and Subcontracts Manager
I would like to be considered for a position within your organization. I have been a Warranted Contracting Officer with unlimited obligation authority as well as a member of the National Contract Management Association. I have held a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
I am a retired military officer. Positions held in the military that are not listed on my resume were Provisional Battalion Commander, Deputy Assistant Chief of Staff G-4 (logistics), Battalion Executive Officer, and Company Commander; most of which were in the 4th Infantry or 2nd Armored Divisions.
I have a Bachelor of Science degree from Central Missouri State University and a Masters Certificate in Government Contracting from George Washington University.
I am confident that my military experience as well as my extensive experience and education in contracting will benefit your organization. I welcome the opportunity to discuss my qualifications with you in greater detail at your convenience.
- Government Contracting
• GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, Washington D. C.
Masters Certificate in Government Contracting – 2004
Simplified Acquisition – 2008
Government Contract Law – 2007
Source Selection: The Best Value Process – 2004
FAR Part 15 – 2004
Negotiations Strategies and Techniques – 2003
Federal Contracting Basics – 2003
Contract Pricing – 2003
Contracting for Commercial Products and Services – 2003
Operating Practices in Contract Administration – 2001
• ARMY LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT CENTER, Ft. Lee, VA
Materiel Acquisition Management (MAM) Course – 1985
Management of Defense Acquisition Contracts (Executive) – 1992
Management of Defense Acquisition Contracts (Advanced) – 1983
Management of Defense Acquisition Contracts (Basic) – 1983
Defense Specification Management – 1983
• AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Wright Patterson, AFB
Security Assistance Management Training Course – 1989
Government Contract Law – 1984
• NAVAL MATERIEL COMMAND, Washington, D.C.
Defense Contract Negotiation – 1983
Defense Cost and Price Analysis – 1983
Volunteer, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2011 – Present
• Worked with Autistic Children for the Torino Foundation.
• Worked with the Shriners to support various Children’s Hospitals.
Manager, Procurement and Subcontracts Division, Vinnell Arabia, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2006 – 2010
• Responsible for all subcontract and procurement actions in support of a $550M Prime Contract.
• Successfully managed a staff of 19 personnel.
• Conducted pre-bid meetings; informed vendors and contractors of policies, procedures, bonding requirements, and ensured the statements of work were well understood
Manager, Subcontracts Branch, Vinnell Arabia, Saudi Arabia, 2000 – 2001 and 2002 – 2004
• Successfully accomplished all of Vinnell Arabia’s Life Support subcontracts from “cradle to grave”.
• Initiated procedures for awarding Vinnell Arabia’s out of country procurement actions.
• Supervised all personnel assigned to the Subcontracts Branch.
• Initiated, reviewed, and evaluated proposals ranging from fixed price to costs type actions.
• Negotiated, awarded, administered and terminated supply, services, and construction contracts.
Contracts Administrator, Vinnell INS Project Management Office, Fairfax, Virginia, 2001 – 2002
• Managed a procurement program that supported supplies, services and equipment acquisition requirements for 130 locations throughout the United States and its territories.
• Created, negotiated and administered a variety of subcontracts to include supply, services, construction and blanket purchase agreements.
• Implemented a competitive acquisition program that provided the customer with considerable savings.
Chief Logistics Trainer, Vinnell Arabia, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 1996 – 2000
• Responsible for training the Senior Supply Commander in the Saudi Arabian National Guard on all aspects of logistics management.
• Supervised the training program for a depot level command and management activity consisting in excess of 50,000 line items, 450 personnel, 50 warehouse and 1700 vehicles.
• Interfaced between the U.S. Government and the Saudi Arabian National Guard on approximately $2.5M worth of new modernization construction projects.
• Provided an analysis for the requisitioning of approximately $2M worth of Foreign Military Sales repair parts annually.
Deputy Assistant Chief of Staff J-4, Operation Sea Signal-Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, 1995
• Directed 37 logisticians in support of a humanitarian mission for Cuban and Haitian migrants.
• Monitored obligations of operating funds totaling $110M.
Procurement Officer, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois, 1991 – 1993
• Managed and supervised 14 acquisition and telecommunications personnel.
• Formalized more than 5,000 contracts realizing a cost avoidance of $21M.
• Supported a worldwide requirement to negotiate all Department of Defense telecommunications contracts for agencies supported by the Defense Information System Agency (DISA).
• Served as liaison between the Army, Navy, Air Force, National Security Agency, Defense Logistics Agency, White House Communications Agency, and other DOD activities.
Operations and Procurement Officer, Operation Fuertes Caminos-Panama, 1990 – 1991
• Managed liaison and staff coordination for two battalions with a $33M annual operating budget.
• Investigated contract operations and renegotiated/eliminated contracts resulting in substantial annual savings for the Command.
Procurement Officer, Vint Hill Farms Station, Warrenton, Virginia, 1982 – 1986
• Served as a Warranted Contracting Officer with unlimited obligation authority.
• Supervised and evaluated eight procurement professionals (GS-6 to GS-12) in the administration of more than $500M in contracts.
• Reviewed solicitations, evaluated bids and proposals, negotiated, awarded, and administered contracts for the Army Space Program and other sensitive contracts with the highest national priority.